yo yo yo search it!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

i couldn't have made a better choice



than jesse l martin to play marvin gaye (mr gaye on the left, mr martin on the right). i have marvin gaye's anthology double cd at work and i listen to it all of the time. his older stuff and his newer stuff - doesn't matter. i love IT ALL

Gaye's final years 'become movie'

The final years of soul singer Marvin Gaye's life are to be made into a film, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Law & Order actor Jesse L Martin will play the Motown star, who was killed by his father in 1984.
The biopic, Sexual Healing, follows on from recent successful films about Ray Charles and Johnny Cash.
"More than just being the voice of a generation, Marvin Gaye proved to be its very heartbeat," said director Lauren Goodman.
The film will be an independently financed film which be shot on location in Hungary and Germany, the Hollywood Reporter said.
Gaye moved to Europe from the US as he battled drugs and music industry wrangles. .......

1 comment:

vanx said...

My youngest daughter, when she was am infant, could only be put to sleep if I danced her around to "Let's Get It On," which I did every night for about a year. I never got tired of it, and I know all the harmonies. In my opinion, Motown's greatest moment is the drum break at around 2 minutes, 49 seconds (I might be off on the time, but it's the second maximum drum fill). I'll insist on this as the dad/daughter dance number at her wedding. Most of the guests will already know who they are dealing with.