yo yo yo search it!

Thursday, February 09, 2006

before pi died

(pi was my old laptop. i now have pi-two. she likes me to use the hyphen although she does think i speak too parenthetically) i was able to download/upload all the songs on her to disks. i had a TON and i'm glad i didn't lose them. they were all mp3s so well over 100 songs fit on each disk. i don't own an i-pod, nor am i thinking of owning one. why? i don't jog certainly. in my car (whose name is little green by the way) i listen to the radio (college stations or npr of course) or my cd player (which plays mp3s too), at work i pop in a cd in my computer and put my headphones on. at home the tv is always on. anyway, this is a PORTION of what is on the disk i've been listening to for the past couple of days:

grace jones-slave to the rhythm
illinois jacquet-harlem nocturn
james brown-sex machine
pearl bailey and jackie moms mabley-saturday night fish fry
love-my little red book
marianne faithful-why d'ya do it
linda lewis-reach for the truth
laurie anderson-language is a virus
leo kottke-louise
leann rimes-blue
laura nyro-jimmy mack
keith frank-movin' on up
kate bush-running up that hill
joni mitchell-coyote
john hiatt-have a little faith in me
joan baez-you ain't goin' nowhere
ziggy marley & gipsy kings-one love
janis joplin & bob dylan-it ain't me babe (1964)
jo ann kelly-jonah in the belly of the whale
joe cocker-feelin' alright

i AM feelin' alright! how could i not be?

4 comments:

Rory Shock said...

niiiice

Unknown said...

yeah it is NIIIIIIIIIIICE! i studied sign language at the american school for the deaf a long while back. a famous story is helen keller was asked if she could CHOOSE to be blind and have her hearing or be deaf and have her sight what would she choose. she said she would choose to have her hearing and remain blind.

vanx said...

I'd love to hear the Dylan-Joplin duet. Nice "set list."

Unknown said...

it's in my car and i'm too lazy to go out and get it right now, BUT expect me to send it to you in an email sometime this weekend