yo yo yo search it!

Monday, August 10, 2009

i've posted about it before

but the msm didn't write about it. it's one of those left wing liberal commie rags i read.......

anyway, now that the wapo is actually publishing it, does it NOW make it true?

(i don't know if this particular dude is guilty or not and i don't care. i DO care about how they treat people that work for them. i DO care about how they treat women. do i have issues with 'the arab world' - yes, i do. camel jockeys, the treatment of women, are just TWO in a long line of horrors.)


As Dubai's Glitter Fades, Foreigners See Dark Side
More Jailings, Prosecutions Follow Downturn


Washington Post Foreign Service

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates -- Herve Jaubert, a French spy who left espionage to make leisure submarines for the wealthy, was riding high.

Bankrolled by Dubai World, a government-owned conglomerate, he built a submarine workshop on the Persian Gulf, lived rent-free in a villa with a pool and tooled around town in a red Lamborghini. He had two Hummers. He vacationed with local plutocrats.

Jaubert said he heard whispers about Dubai's darker side -- the abuse of desperate laborers from impoverished Asian lands, the jailing of the occasional Westerner who crossed a sheik -- but "I brushed it all off. I saw glamour. I saw marble columns, mirrors and money."..........

1 comment:

Malicious Intent said...

Grrrr, lost my comment.
Basically I said in a nut shell.
Screw the arab world. I know there are good folks there, but there are to many fanatical nut jobs and they blend right in.

There is not enough money in the world that would sway me to do business over there. I could not tolerate to see how women are treated and I would not conform to their dress code, which would only land me in jail.