yo yo yo search it!

Sunday, December 20, 2009

when good senator al franken told asshole senator da liebs to stfu

(my words not the good senator's) msm carried it and pretended to be SHOCKED AND HORRIFIED. they loved whining crybaby pissed off mccain's reaction of OUTRAGE. mmmmmm how soon THEY ALL forget wow.......................

now this comes out and i didn't see it in ONE msm outlet (i've not looked at ALL of them granted, but quite a few)

Flashback: McCain Refused To Grant 30 Seconds Of Time During Iraq War Debate


By Faiz Shakir
Yesterday, Sen. Al Franken (D-MN), acting on the orders of the Senate leadership, refused to grant Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) “an additional moment” to continue speaking on the Senate floor after his 10 minutes expired. Franken’s objection caused Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) to groan about how Franken’s move was unprofessional, unprecedented, and disrespectful:

McCAIN: I’ve been around here 20-some years. First time I’ve ever seen a member denied an extra minute or two to finish his remarks. … I just haven’t seen it before myself. And I don’t like it. And I think it harms the comity of the Senate not to allow one of our members at least a minute. I’m sure that time is urgent here, but I doubt that it would be that urgent.

Unfortunately, McCain’s memory is suffering. In fact, McCain has engaged in the very same behavior that he was criticizing Franken for yesterday.

On October 10, 2002 — just ahead of the looming mid-term elections — the Senate rushed a debate on a war authorization giving President Bush the power to use force against Iraq. The resolution ultimately passed the Senate after midnight on an early Friday morning by a vote of 77-23.............................


..................

The PRESIDING OFFICER. The Senator’s time has expired.

Mr. DAYTON. I ask for unanimous consent that I have 30 seconds more to finish my remarks.

Mr. McCAIN. I object.....................

Technorati Tags:, , , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

No comments: