yo yo yo search it!

Thursday, December 24, 2009

NO figgy puddin' for me thank you


i'm TOO scared!


Bistro: You can’t have any pudding until you sign our waiver

By Agence France-Presse

LONDON (AFP) – A London restaurant has asked diners to sign a legal waiver before tucking in to their traditional Christmas pudding in case they hurt themselves on the silver charms inside, it emerged Thursday.

The owners of High Timber, located on the River Thames in the City of London financial district, said they were advised to draw up the indemnity form by lawyers who regularly dine there.

"It has created a bit of a stir in the restaurant and people looked at it disbelieving at first," said co-owner Neleen Strauss.

"I thought it was going to be a pain but decided to do it to cover my backside.............

2 comments:

Malicious Intent said...

Looks kinda gross. And if I have to sign any waivers to eat anything....it's just not for me.
Call me funny...but I don't want any surprises in my food.

Unknown said...

i've actually had a vegan version of christmas pudding. it wasn't bad.

if i had to ask my guests to sign waivers before eating my food, i'd either NOT make the food or NOT invite the guests