yo yo yo search it!

Saturday, August 08, 2009

oh my goddess!

this has happened to me. it hasn't happened in YEARS but it did happen and it happened more than once. it's EXACTLY as described.

i was CONSCIOUS and i could NOT move a muscle. not one. things were happening all around me and i could NOT move. i was scared shiteless AT FIRST. then i talked myself into being calm. i told myself i could NOT possibly be harmed. i didn't know what world i was in, but i knew i wasn't in MY world. now i know what happened.

Freaky Sleep Paralysis: Being Awake in Your Nightmares
By Alexis Madriga

You wake up, but you can’t move a muscle. Lying in bed, you’re totally conscious, and you realize that strange things are happening. There’s a crushing weight on your chest that’s humanoid. And it’s evil.

You’ve awakened into the dream world.

This is not the conceit for a new horror movie starring a ragged middle-aged Freddie Prinze Jr., it’s a standard description of the experience of a real medical condition: sleep paralysis. It’s a strange phenomenon that seems to happen to about half the population at least once.

People who experience it find themselves awake in the dream world for anywhere from a few seconds to 10 minutes, often experiencing hallucinations with dark undertones. Cultures from everywhere from Newfoundland to the Caribbean to Japan have come up with spiritual explanations for the phenomenon. Now, a new article in The Psychologist suggests sleep researchers are finally figuring out the neurological basis of the condition...............

2 comments:

Malicious Intent said...

Never experienced that terrifying "thing." I was home alone one night as hubby was working a night shift. I kept getting the feeling that I was being followed or that there was another presence around. I asked it to pleace leave my home, it was not invited or welcome to stay. Things seemed to calm down and I went upstairs to bed to watch tv. Then very quickly out in the hall way I saw for a split second, but very clearly and what was very deliberatly a face that was green/glowing looking right at me.

OK, that was it. I called my best friend who was a medium and normally she would not come trotting over at 9:30 at night, but something told her to. Yup, I had company all right, matter of fact I had two. After some conversations and even some automatic writing on her behalf it turned out to be info on my dad and the turbulance we were having. They were sent to try and help me about my situation with him.

Interesting stuff for sure. Just remember, ghost are people too. Which means some have good intentions and some have not so good intentions, just like in real life.

Unknown said...

oh i believe we're not alone. i have even witnessed me NOT being alone. however, i'm a firm believer in the ONLY harm that can come to us is from another HUMAN