yo yo yo search it!

Friday, August 07, 2009

more on sodini

my posting on him yesterday is here

more to show you how hateful he was of women. more to show you what kinds of books he was reading (i know sometimes we read books JUST to understand another's point of view. i don't think this was true in sodini's case though. he was reading about men owning women because that's what he would have LIKED to happen in his life). i guess even a fake tan couldn't help him

oh, one more thing. my mother was domineering too. i just became MORE domineering. some thinghappened in my life i don't talk about (too much). it happened when i was younger. it is something that could have effected my relationships for the rest of my life (well, it still does but i do NOT let it get the better of me). what i chose to do though is to USE my experiences to help others out of the muck and murk. i didn't use it to HURT anyone else
(and granted, below IS a sensationalized headline)

Shooter Read Sexist Christian Author's Book Before Pittsburgh Female Aerobics Class Massacre
Posted by Bruce Wilson, AlterNet
As George Sodini wrote on December 29, 2008, "Just got back from tanning, been doing this for a while. No gym today, my elbow is sore again. I actually look good. I dress good, am clean-shaven, bathe, touch of cologne - yet 30 million women rejected me - over an 18 or 25-year period."

On Tuesday August 4th, 2009, computer systems analyst Sodini walked into a Pittsburgh gym, pulled guns out of a duffle bag, turned off the lights, and sprayed bullets into a LA Fitness Center woman's aerobics class of roughly thirty, killing three. The leader of the class, who had just announced that she was pregnant, was wounded along with at least eight others, some of whom were shot multiple times.

Media analysis has so far ignored or glossed over Sodini's religious affiliations but the shooter's Internet diary suggest his last readings were the Bible and a book by a Texas evangelist, R.B. Thieme, Jr. who has written that husbands own their wives, as literal property and promoted an odd teaching that for each man on Earth there exists only one correct "right woman" in all creation...............


2 comments:

Malicious Intent said...

Anyone who has a home that clean and clutter free, has to be disturbed. Especially if they are compelled to video tape and document it. "She will really like that." She who? Ew...f'n creepy. That's my theory anyway.

Unknown said...

anyone who wants a woman to WORSHIP AND OBEY them is OFF my effing christmas card list