yo yo yo search it!

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

here's ANOTHER hero


standing up for her beliefs. making a mark. thinking of others. being selfless. forging a path. making it easier for those who will come later


Sudan trouser woman 'ready for 40,000 lashes'
AFP


A Sudanese journalist facing 40 lashes for wearing "indecent" trousers vowed on the eve of her judgment that she is ready to be whipped 40,000 times in her bid to change the country's harsh laws.

Lubna Ahmed al-Hussein, who works for the media department of the United Nations Mission in Sudan, is to be judged on Tuesday after waiving the immunity granted to UN workers.

She is to be judged under Article 152 of Sudanese law, which promises 40 lashes for anyone "who commits an indecent act which violates public morality or wears indecent clothing."

Hussein, who is in her 30s and whose husband died of kidney failure, told AFP in a telephone interview: "I'm ready for anything to happen. I'm absolutely not afraid of the verdict.".........

AFP/Getty Images

3 comments:

Malicious Intent said...

All I can say is, "You go girl!"

Indecent my ass, she looks lovely in her slacks. Makes me sick how they treat women.

I'll be thinking of her today. Be sure to post a follow up if you find it. I come here more than cnn anymore. lol!!!

Unknown said...

there is a follow up AND IT'S NOT GOOD.

i'll post tomorrow. it's almost my bed time

Malicious Intent said...

Oh no, I am almost afraid to look. :(