yo yo yo search it!

Saturday, June 12, 2010

this my friends is GOOD GOOD GOOD news!


Searching for life at Rand Paul HQ -- and finding none


By Natasha Lennard

I'm an intern, but Rand Paul doesn't know that. Nor does his campaign office. For all they know, I'm Salon's most influential writer. Or I could be a concerned Kentucky citizen; a potential supporter of Rand Paul for U.S. Senate with avid interest in his views on deficit spending. For all they know, I could be anyone. But Rand Paul and his campaign workers know absolutely nothing about me, because they are impossible to contact.

Last Friday, we wanted a comment from Paul about the Israeli flotilla attack (especially since his father, Ron, vociferously condemned it). But after a slew of emails, unreturned voicemails, and some rookie muckraking, we've heard nothing from the Rand Paul campaign -- not even a "no comment." I don't care about his views on Israel anymore; I just want to talk to a human voice.

Now, it's no secret that Rand Paul has been erring on the side of caution with the media, after erring on the side of racism when discussing the Civil Rights Act. But I imagined that someone in his campaign -- a press secretary, perhaps? -- would at least be around to speak for him..........


pic:

AP/Ed Reinke
Rand Paul, walks down a hallway at his campaign headquarters in Bowling Green, Ky.

No comments: