yo yo yo search it!

Sunday, May 27, 2007

andrew j bacevich tells us how much his son was worth

no, not to him and his family and the tens of thousands of other families with sons and daughters serving in the middle east. he tells us how much he was worth to the king and his court (his court now includes most democrats by the way), to the oil companies, to the ceos of big companies and to the rest of the good ol' white boy network

well mr bacevich, i don't think for one second you contributed to your son's death. my thoughts and prayers are with your family. i am so very sorry for your loss

and i do thank you for speaking from your heart

I Lost My Son to a War I Oppose. We Were Both Doing Our Duty

By Andrew J. Bacevich

Parents who lose children, whether through accident or illness, inevitably wonder what they could have done to prevent their loss. When my son was killed in Iraq earlier this month at age 27, I found myself pondering my responsibility for his death.
Among the hundreds of messages that my wife and I have received, two bore directly on this question. Both held me personally culpable, insisting that my public opposition to the war had provided aid and comfort to the enemy. Each said that my son's death came as a direct result of my antiwar writings...................

No comments: