yo yo yo search it!

Saturday, August 20, 2005

very funny piece

by john mcdonald in the op ed news

Cindy Sheehan and the Cab Ride From Hell
There was that voice, the nasally sneer of that rat bastard drug fiend Rush Limbaugh wafting over the front seat, opening the phone lines from hell and inviting his listeners to join him in a conversation about that disloyal bitch/whore of an American, Cindy Sheehan.

.........I wasn’t going to write about the Cindy Sheehan thing – I figured the drivel of ninety million blogger’s was enough – but then there was the cab ride from hell.It wasn’t a long ride, just a jaunt from our hotel in Vegas to the airport. All I wanted to do was close my eyes and finish the last of the little bottle of scotch my wife had pilfered from the hotel mini-bar. I was hoping it might soothe the raging hangover I had, the result of a three-day roll thru Nevada’s sin city. I had taken the new Vegas tagline “ what goes on here stays here” to heart and done my best to leave a couple of thousand brain cells, not to mention virtually all of my cash behind in a binge that would have made Hunter S. Thompson proud. Having finished the scotch, I was desperately scrounging through my wife’s purse looking for a Valium.And then it started. There was that voice, the nasally sneer of that rat bastard drug fiend Rush Limbaugh wafting over the front seat, opening the phone lines from hell and inviting his listeners to join him in a conversation about that disloyal bitch/whore of an American, Cindy Sheehan. The floodgates were open and the little Bush shrubs were spouting their National Republican Party talking points, proudly bashing the mother of a American soldier who had died in Iraq. All the calls were the same, hate filled tirades along the lines of “I think that she is a radical, liberal, flag burning commie whore, a traitor to America, insulting to the president and a dishonor to the memory of her son and the other soldiers, what do you think about that Rush? And then that drug-addled bastard would wind up and hit that fat pitch out of the park. By the time he was done I think Cindy Sheehan had been blamed for the War in Iraq, the failure to catch Osama, the national debt and the fact that Americans have no health insurance. It may have been the drugs, but I got the distinct impression she had slept with Bill Clinton, was performing oral sex on all of the male visitors to her outpost outside of the presidents ranch in Crawford, Texas, and was the mother of John McCain’s colored love child in South Carolina...............

well worth the read, lol. if the mcdonalds are ever in my neck of the woods, i'd love to buy them the beverage of their choice(s)

No comments: