yo yo yo search it!

Thursday, August 18, 2005

i meant to post this yesterday

but i really haven't had too much free time the past couple of days. this story is SO outreagous it is hard to believe.

a new york couple had dinner at a restaurant and paid by credit card. when they got their tab, they noticed it said, 'jew couple' on it instead of a table number or whatever........(the the half door puts my alias on my tab (hey i have my OWN christmas stocking there!). any way, they confronted the waitress and she didn't see anything wrong with it. then they talked to management and MANAGEMENT DIDN'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT (unbelievable, huh). when they got their credit card bill the words 'jew couple' even appeared on THAT. anyway according to the new york post the attorney general is now going to get involved.

August 18, 2005 -- Amid spreading outrage, New Jersey's attorney general yesterday opened a probe of a posh eatery that referred to a pair of diners as "Jew Couple" on their check.
"It's extremely troubling," Attorney General Peter Harvey told The Post. "I have two investigators from the Division on Civil Rights in my office right now. We are taking this very seriously.
"It stands to reason if the [restaurant] is labeling someone by religion, they are also labeling someone by race."
On July 8, diner Elliot Stein of Brooklyn went to Parkhill's Waterfront Grill in Loch Arbour with his girlfriend, Jennifer Cassin. When the waitress handed them the bill, "Jew Couple" was printed in large letters.
"I would like to know how they describe other couples," Stein said. "How do they identify gay people, black couples? It could be anything.
"I think they have it programmed on their register. I don't want to hear it was a mistake. All I got was a 'no comment.' If this was in New York, these people would be penalized," he said yesterday. He added, "I would like to know how they knew I was a Jew." ....................

hey, i'd like to know as well.

No comments: