yo yo yo search it!

Saturday, November 21, 2009

those damn 'the gays' again!

Utah lawmaker claims he doesn’t ‘mind’ gays, but ‘I don’t want ‘em stuffing it down my throat all the time.’


Earlier this month, the Church of Latter Day Saints made headlines when it threw its support behind a measure in Salt Lake City that barred “landlords and employers from discriminating based on sexuality,” making it the first city in Utah to adopt the gay rights measure......

............However, while explaining his opposition to allowing same-sex couples to adopt children, he told the press that while he doesn’t “mind” gays, he doesn’t want them “stuffing it down [his] throat all the time“:

BUTTARS: I meet with the gays here and there. They were in my house two weeks ago. I don’t mind gays. But I don’t want ‘em stuffing it down my throat all the time. Certainly not in my kid’s face............



Technorati Tags:, , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

5 comments:

stray said...

I'm sorry, that's just too easy a set-up...

Lemmy Caution said...

And of course he looks like Moses' great grandfather. That's what folks like this don't understand.....the younger generations and the ones that are growing up now.....they don't CARE what two consenting adults do. It's a losing battle on their part. They and their prejudices will die out like the dinosaurs they are.

Unknown said...

stray, WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too easy

lemmy, in some of the cases you're right. i do come across some younger people who DO feel just like the 'older' generation.


i myself am no 20 year old by the way

AND i know many seniors who could care less if someone is gay or not. they like i, only care if the person is an idiot or not

Lemmy Caution said...

Yes, there are always exceptions to the rule.

Yeah....I remember 20. I think. There are some spotty years in there.

Unknown said...

i don't regret getting older. it just gives me more of an excuse to be me