yo yo yo search it!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

i didn't know why the author

of this article was so very pissed at this (what first appears to be quite lovely) commercial. i sure do know now and i understand

our america. we're fed this on a spoon and we slurp it down. buy buy buy. buy buy buy for lots of money what's made in foreign lands for pennies and under the most horrid conditions

yes, our america

this is a MOST excellent piece


The Most Offensive Commercial Ever Produced

Stephen C. Webster

Brave New Hooks


It has been years since I have offered my hard-earned dollar to the purveyors of cable television. Years.

Last month I came to an agreement with my housemate, that we would have cable television once again. The sounds of Sunday afternoon football, late-night films on HBO and brain-sucking advertising for the cure to what Wanda Sykes so aptly called “broke dick,” would once again echo through my sanctuary.

Ever so briefly, between spates of addiction to C-Span and the History Channel, I began to not mind so much.

That is when I saw the Most Offensive Commercial Ever Produced.

Dear reader, your humble narrator is not easily offended. No, quite the contrary. It is my business to wade through the unrelenting idiocy of American media and politics, sorting out the bits that require damnation and disseminating flakes of truth amid the mire. This is what pays my bills and keeps me sane. It is my passion.

But this one piece of media literally followed me beyond the veil of sleep. For days now, I have not been able to stop shuddering when it crosses my mind. I am not sure whether to weep or become enraged at this duplicitous, penetrating piece of filmed prose. While I could describe it, these things are best digested on one’s own terms..............




Technorati Tags:, , , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator