yo yo yo search it!

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

a shout out to cory doctrow and little brother


which coincidentially i ordered from my book club a couple of days ago. that and the next two books in the anita blake series by laurell k hamilton (books 9 and 10 that will be for me. i've got about 30 pages left of book 6 and i have 7 and 8 sitting in my car).

here's a lil somethin' somethin' bout little brother

as you can see it's available for FREE but i'm buying it. i'm also smiling because it is both free AND can be bought as well

Little Brother wins the Prometheus Award for libertarian science fiction
Wouldya lookit that! I've won the Libertarian Futurist's Society's Prometheus Award for my novel Little Brother! As with all the other awards LB has been up for this year, I'm even more honored by the company I'm in than the award itself; this year's Prometheus nominees included Charlie Stross's Saturn's Children, Matter by Iain Banks, The January Dancer by Michael Flyn, Opening Atlantis by Harry Turtledove, and Half a Crown, the wrenching conclusion to Jo Walton brilliant Farthing/Ha'penny alternate history trilogy. And this year's Prometheus Hall of Fame winner was Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. These books and these writers are all incredibly humbling company to find oneself among. .........

No comments: