yo yo yo search it!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

christine bowman writes one hell

of an editorial. she couldn't speak any truer words

History Lessons -- For Nancy, Jack, John, Jimmy and "the Troops
A BUZZFLASH NEWS ANALYSIS As a college student in the 1970s, I avoided history classes after receiving a mediocre grade in the first one that I did take. Studying Texas history in the Houston public schools for a mandatory three years just hadn't prepared me for Western Civilization 1-2. In retrospect, I wish I had stuck with history.
Water under the bridge. We all make dumb choices when we're 18.
In the decades since then, life has treated me to some first-hand experience of history. I've seen and learned a few things, and time does lend perspective. Veterans Day today has triggered memories, as did the 25th anniversary of the Vietnam Memorial Wall last week. Dennis Kucinich's introduction of an impeachment resolution triggered more memories. I'm going to share my memories and lessons learned..........

...........Nancy Pelosi, you sincerely want to do the People's business. Voters want that, too, as all the polls indicate. You want to restore Congress to its proper processes and role.
The trouble is, to do that you must put impeachment back on the table. What else stands between the American people and the steamroller of an unstoppable Executive Branch? As the sadder but wiser Former Counsel to the President has learned, another election won't do the trick.......

No comments: