yo yo yo search it!

Thursday, March 02, 2006

it may not violate ethical standards

BUT it makes me want to puke

Dobson says Alito sent thank-you note for backing his nomination

By Colleen Slevin, Associated Press Writer March 1, 2006
DENVER --Focus on the Family founder James Dobson said Wednesday that new Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito sent him a letter thanking him and his radio listeners for their support during his Senate confirmation hearings.
Alito wrote that "the prayers of so many people from around the country were a palpable and powerful force. As long as I serve on the Supreme Court, I will keep in mind the trust that has been placed in me," Dobson said on his radio broadcast.
Supreme Court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said Alito's note was in response to a letter Dobson sent congratulating him on his confirmation. She said his pledge to "keep in mind the trust that has been placed in me" was included in many replies he wrote to congratulatory letters.
David Yalof, a political science professor at the University of Connecticut and the author of a book on Supreme Court vacancies, said Alito's letter did not appear to violate ethical standards.
"I think it's a very carefully worded letter, and I don't think any of it crosses the line," he said. "As long as Alito didn't (say) there is any obligation or debt owed, I don't think it is a violation of judicial canon."
Americans United for Separation of Church and State called the letter "grossly inappropriate."......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"grossly inapproriate" is an understatement in my mind ... puke away rose ... i'll be right behind ya ... spewing my own guts.

Rory Shock said...

This is absolutely sickening ... the smarmy little boot licking whore of the Christian right ... FEAR ALITO people ...

Unknown said...

and please don't forget this 'reverend' beats kids AND dogs (and goddess only knows how he treats women)