yo yo yo search it!

Thursday, September 03, 2009

scary shite

i don't have verison but c'mon, they're (almost) ALL alike. they are ALL nasty. but to sponsor an organization who destroys our country (literally) is rather beyond the pale, no?

don't our good citizens have minds of their own any longer? are they really swollowing all of this shite that's being shoveled down their throats?

Verizon Sponsoring Anti-Climate Rally Backed By Coal Giant Massey Energy


On Labor Day, tens of thousands of people will be gathering for the coal-powered “Friends of America Rally” in Holden, WV. The point of the gathering is to rail against the Waxman-Markey clean energy legislation. It will feature right-wing guests such as Sean Hannity and Ted Nugent (who once ranted about killing Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton), and is being pushed by mountaintop-removal mining company Massey Energy. Last week, Massey CEO Don Blankenship even recorded a video inviting people to attend the rally, saying they would learn about how “environmental extremists and corporate America are both trying to destroy your jobs.” Watch it:




2 comments:

stray said...

Another voice from coal country:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFVdp1KJiqM

"Well I ain't got no money
and not much of a home.
I own my own land
but my land's not my own.
But if I had ten million
or somewhere thereabouts,
I'd buy Perry County
and I'd run 'em all out..."

Unknown said...

can't watch the vid right now. getting the 'an error occurred, please try again later' message. but i'll tell you, I LOVE jean ritchie. i sure will keep trying