yo yo yo search it!

Monday, April 27, 2009

i have always hated cosmo

(NOT cosmopolitans silly. if it has vodka in it, i most likely LOVE it).

and here's a good example why i hate it. and no, this wasn't taken from 1971. it is current (i know it's hard to believe)
from evil slutopia (love the moniker)


cosmo quick hit: sports are icky

I watched the NFL draft today. I watched it because I wanted to, not because I was with some guy who was into it. I'm also a woman. According to Cosmopolitan, this apparently makes me some sort of mutant. Here are two items from their May 2009 issue to illustrate what I mean.

The "Cosmo For Your Guy" section is the page that you're supposed to give to your boyfriend to read (no comment on that), so it has relationship tips for guys. This month it's "Small Moves That Score Big", and here's one of them:

Get Girlie With Her: Believe it or not, your girlfriend probably isn't sitting by your side watching SportsCenter because she's dying to see the highlights of the Bobcats/Thunder game. She does stuff like that because she wants to spend time with you...and she'd love it if you returned the favor. That means doing things like going shopping without pouting the whole time or dozing off in one of those massage chairs. "Making small sacrifices shows her that you're a team player and her happiness is a priority," says Carol Bruess, PhD, coauthor of What Happy Couples Do.
See, because women don't like sports. Not a single one of us...............

oh and for the record, I HATE SHOPPING. HATE HATE HATE IT (not a big sports fan, but the bosox are beloved to me. i be liken' me some bruins too and ok ok ok a celtic now and again. i don't watch espn too often but i DO like their commercials)

No comments: