yo yo yo search it!

Saturday, May 02, 2009

i shuddered when i read this and i'm STILL shuddering

i couldn't believe what i was reading! no wonder women are still being discriminated against. no wonder women are earning less than men. no wonder women are thought to only be breasts and high heels. no wonder women will continue to be downtrodden. why? because of absolute giant flaming assholes clueless people like amy wilson

p.s. good thing we're not in india when it's not unusual for girl children and girl fetus' to be killed

p.p.s. not only is it obviously outrageous for amy giant flaming asshole wilson to be writing this, it's effing outrageous for cnn to EFFING PUBLISH IT

Why I didn't want a girl
By Amy Wilson
In an elevator, in line at the grocery store, waiting for the bus, it always goes like this: Strangers' eyes zero in on my belly first. Then they dart furtively to my face, as if to make sure I'm not a mutant, just visibly pregnant.

After this, they ask, "Is this your first?"

"My third," I answer. "I have two boys at home."

And for the kicker, they unfailingly give me a sideways grin, and say: "Going for your girl?"

"Nooo, just going for a baby," I reply, gritting my teeth a little. "Another boy would be fine with us."

I know these people are just making conversation. But this constant assumption leaves me a little offended. What's wrong with boys? Why wouldn't I want another one? It bothers me that people assume I feel incomplete without a daughter, let alone that it's my motivation for being pregnant with a third child in the first place............

.............I sat there in a daze. This child I was just starting to feel stir inside me was a girl? I waited for the excitement to wash over me. It didn't come. Not only was I not thrilled -- I was disappointed. I'm still not sure whether I was more bummed by how I found out or what I found out. Either way, I was shaken...................

No comments: