yo yo yo search it!

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

to my beloved red sox

kick the SHITE out of 'em! (praise the lord)

The Rockies Get Off Their Knees
Dave Zirin
Twenty-one wins in twenty-two games. An improbable run to the World Series. One of the hottest streaks to end a season in the history of the game. And not two pitchers the average fan could even name. Ladies and gents, your Colorado Rockies: a team performing what even an atheist could call a baseball miracle. And "miracle" is an appropriate term for a team that riled the baseball world last year by claiming that filling the dugout with Christian players would grease the skids to greatness. ;.............

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last baseball game I watched was in 1994. The players went on strike and so did I . . . the difference is I never went back. I loved baseball, but they hit that stubborn Rick streak with their greedy b.s. and I vowed to never watch another game. I gave away my baseball jacket, I burned all my t-shirts, and I tossed my autographed ball in the trash.

Enjoy the series . . . I'll be watching college football.

Anonymous said...

Let it be known, that for a week, the Red Sox were my favorite team. It was when they played the Yankees in the Playoffs. I hate the Yankees.

Unknown said...

who autographed your ball rick? if it was bernie carbo and you ditched it, i'm steamin!

i know your pain rick. i too was VERY angry at that strike. i don't follow college sports. we're in the middle of uconn territory here. it's a big deal. their (new) football stadium is one town over. the whole state went mental when the women's basket ball team was on that run for a few years..... i just love me some bosox....\

zs, i too HATE the evil yankees

Anonymous said...

Kirk Gibson, Orel Hershiser, and Tommy Lasorda. They can all go to hell.

Unknown said...

as long as it wasn't george 'the boomer' scott, clel laverne hobson or as i said, my bernie carbo

Unknown said...

and wow you really ARE angry

Anonymous said...

Yes, baseball lost a fan forever when they went on strike.

Unknown said...

a man of convictions - i'll say that