yo yo yo search it!

Monday, October 08, 2007

i'm NOT racist

why some of my best friends are.............................(fill in the blank)

Student tells paper she's sorry for 'Jena 6' re-enactment
CNN) -- A student who videoed a re-enactment of the "Jena 6" incident apologized and said the video was not intended to make fun of the six black students arrested in the beating of a white classmate, according to The News-Star newspaper of Monroe, Louisiana.........
...........In a Tuesday interview with the News-Star, a tearful Smith denied being racist.
"This is so not me," she said in the Wednesday article. "It wasn't that we were making fun of the Jena 6 incident. We were just fed up with it ... I have just as many black [friends] as I do white friends...............


what have i discovered about humanity? i think we are ALL racist and prejudiced about something or someone or another. instead of denying it, let's just say, 'what can i do to change my perception(s), to change my outlook'? (after all they ARE just perceptions and outlooks)

No comments: