yo yo yo search it!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

mr kaplan has crystalized my thoughts exactly

Marty Kaplan: W to US: Go Cheney Yourself

Marty Kaplan
At his press conference today,
President Bush rallied his remaining base -- those scattered cult members who can always be counted on to agree with whatever he says. To all other Americans, his message is: It's my way, or the die-way
If you missed the broadcast, here's the gist of it:
I'm the decider.
Except for deciding how many troops we have in
Iraq, in which case, General Casey is the decider.
Except for deciding what benchmarks the Iraqis have to meet, in which case, Prime Minister al-Maliki is the decider.
Except for deciding what "getting the job done" in Iraq means, in which case, Muqtada al-Sadr and Osama Bin Laden are the deciders.
Except for deciding if it's "stay the course," or "strategy for victory," in which case Karl is the decider.
I'm looking forward to the Baker-Hamilton report. If it agrees with my strategy for victory and getting the job done, I will read it. I call this attitude "flexibility.".....


1 comment:

Unknown said...

hope you're doing well glenda.