yo yo yo search it!

Monday, June 19, 2006

keep YOUR beliefs in YOUR own bedroom or home and i'll keep mine in my own home and bedroom

of course this is one of THE most ridiculous things i have ever heard of in my life. for an employer (a roller skating rink that is) to dictate what someone can and cannot do IN THEIR PERSONAL LIFE). well ms plotner, you may not see it right now, but you're better off NOT working there!

Fired – For Love Without Marriage
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho, June 16, 2006
(AP) The owners of a roller skating rink have fired an 18-year-old woman they called one of their "Top 10" employees because she moved in with her boyfriend, violating a company ethics policy that prohibits "live-in relationships of an intimate nature." "I loved my job and I didn't want to leave," Crystal Plotner told the Coeur d'Alene Press this week. She said she was fired after casually telling her bosses, Skate Plaza owners Marvin and Pat Miller, that she planned to move in with her boyfriend in mid-May. Before terminating her, Plotner said the Millers said she and her boyfriend should "check out their church." She declined. "Even if I had gone to their church, I don't think it would have saved my job," said Plotner, who worked at Skate Plaza for three years and made $9.25 an hour. "They didn't want me to live with my boyfriend. They were pushing their religion on me and I was offended. I don't have the same religious beliefs as they do." Pat Miller praised Plotner, saying that "In all the years that we've employed people, she was one of the Top 10. It was a sad day when she left because everybody loved her." But Miller added, "We've had our (employee) handbook out for many years and it does say if you live in an immoral way with a member of the opposite sex or same sex, you will be terminated."...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just posted about this over at Unspun . . . my first post there in months. I should have known you'd be covering it first.

Unknown said...

i'm heading right over and reading it! but you know i'd share with you anyway

Anonymous said...

Hey guys...just for you. :-)

Unknown said...

kvatch, the link didn't work!

Anonymous said...

ARiaR, Whoops sorry 'bout that. Try this one.