yo yo yo search it!

Thursday, May 18, 2006

the end is near

and i'm not kidding

Mo. Town Denies Unmarried Couple Permit
May 17, 9:24 PM (ET)
BLACK JACK, Mo. (AP) - The city council has rejected a measure allowing unmarried couples with multiple children to live together, and the mayor said those who fall into that category could soon face eviction.
Olivia Shelltrack and Fondrey Loving were denied an occupancy permit after moving into a home in this St. Louis suburb because they have three children and are not married.
The town's planning and zoning commission proposed a change in the law, but the measure was rejected Tuesday by the city council in a 5-3 vote.
"I'm just shocked," Shelltrack said. "I really thought this would all be over, and we could go on with our lives."
The current ordinance prohibits more than three people from living together unless they are related by "blood, marriage or adoption." The defeated measure would have changed the definition of a family to include unmarried couples with two or more children.
Mayor Norman McCourt declined to be interviewed but said in a statement that those who do not meet the town's definition of family could soon face eviction.
Black Jack's special counsel, Sheldon Stock, declined to say whether the city will seek to remove Loving and Shelltrack from their home.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the hell? What year is this? Did I wake up in a theocracy?

damn

Anonymous said...

Bah. That vid worked yesterday, but I think you won with that last heap o' dung. I can't take this anymore. Here's an alternate version. Goddamn it, I'm a loser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd6RtBfCDpg

Unknown said...

it's not like they are living in the florida town the domino's pizza dude is building. damn is right. holy shite.

g i t m-i accept your admission of defeat. not very much could top this video. don't try anything funny though because i still have a few aces up my sleeve

Anonymous said...

Oh that's just cold. Way to kick an ape while he's down (with your new footwear to boot. Ick, sorry for the pun.). I read those comments down below--"gitm's taste in music is shocking". Not very nice.

I promise to read your other posts later (I have a meeting today. I'll be very bummed at it and preoccupied with the H-bomb you dropped on me. Get it, Hasselbomb.)

The white flag's a wavin' aroseis! Let me wallow in my shame with dignity.

pissed off patricia said...

I saw this family on tv. This is a freakin' shame and a blight on the whole damned town.

Unknown said...

i cannot belive it's true p o p, i just can't!

baywatch in the midst, i am a master. no one has a prayer against me. don't feel badly it was unfair from the beginning

Anonymous said...

Who's the guerrilla now?

Guerrillas in the Midst said...

Yarrgh. And piss off "ben".

The entertainment never ends with Buchannan and his ilk. It's gotten old a loooong time ago though. Same wit' the anti-realism movement and the "pro-life" gaggle.

"oooohhh nice shoes" says some squeaking marmoset in the background....

Unknown said...

methinks someone doth have a foot fetish? no?

Unknown said...

ok, this is NOT my fault. you've wound me up and i cannot stop