yo yo yo search it!

Thursday, December 08, 2005

missy comley beattie is nicer than i am

i would have torn the letter writer a 'new one'. she didn't. she took the high road. why is it when one says they think this war is WRONG and we don't BELONG IN IRAQ we are called traitors or anti-american or worse? isn't america a place where we CAN speak our mind? where we CAN disagree? isn't that why we FOUGHT for our independence? this war IS wrong on so many levels. our sons and daughters and husbands and wives and neighbors are being killed or maimed over what? so the rich can get richer? NOT good enough for me my dears. NOT HARDLY GOOD ENOUGH (yeah saddam had to go, don't get me wrong, but WE cannot run the world. WE should just run our OWN country)

December 7, 2005
Hate-mail from a Proud Right-Winger
Since I've been writing political articles, I've received plenty of responses from readers. I've replied to most of them, especially those who've asked a question. There is, though, one exception--someone who wrote something filthy even in the subject line of the e-mail. I never should've clicked read. But I just couldn't help myself. You see, I'm a curious person. I ask lots of questions. I eavesdrop. I love to listen to the conversations of others and have actually used snippets of these in fiction pieces. I am fascinated by my species.The amazing thing about the hate e-mail is that the person signed his name. He also wrote, "Sincerely, Proud Right-Winger." As I said earlier, I am fascinated by my species. No matter how much I disagree with a person's politics, I would never write, "Surrender doesn't work you stupid bitch." Nor would I refer to Islam as "pisslam." Both were part of his text. Certainly, I might think any person still supporting Bush couldn't possibly be using his noggin, but I wouldn't under any circumstance write a hate letter.I cannot understand someone who believes George W. knows what's best for America and the rest of the world. I simply can't understand why people don't realize that to Muslims, our occupation of Iraq is perceived as a war against their very essence. I simply can't understand why people don't realize that since our soldiers weren't presented flowers when they arrived to liberate grateful Iraqis in a "cakewalk" that would take only three days, more didn't, immediately, move away from the Dark Side. Still, I wouldn't tell any of these people who continue to believe Bush-Push to "get out" of our country which the internet user suggested to me. I eliminated two words between the get and the out but you can use your imagination. He followed with: "Why don't you go to France and see where your 'progressive' faggotry leads?"This, at least, tells me I'm not preaching to the choir. ..........

No comments: