yo yo yo search it!

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

update on eman al-obeidy

 my personal vote for hero of 2011

Alleged rape victim in Libya tells mother of ordeal, threat
(CNN) -- Eman al-Obeidy, the woman who claims forces loyal to Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi raped her, spoke Tuesday with her mother, who has come to her defense, for the first time since her ordeal began.
Al-Obeidy told Aisha Ahmad that a court employee pulled a weapon on her when she went to a courthouse.
Al-Obeidy, who burst into a Tripoli hotel last month to tell her harrowing story to journalists, told CNN's Anderson Cooper in an emotional phone interview that the administrative court employee threatened her life.............

Alleged Libyan Rape Victim Eman al-Obeidy On CNN: ‘I Refused To Be Silent’
by Mark Joyella

In an exclusive interview with CNN’s Anderson Cooper, Eman al-Obeidy, the woman whose story of brutal sexual assault at the hands of Muammar Gaddafi’s soldiers, said she was told she would be forced to retract her accusations on Libyan state TV. She said she was told to change her story, saying it wasn’t Libyan soldiers who abducted and raped her, but members of the revolution. She would not cooperate. “I refused to be silent,” she said.

Asked how she was treated in captivity, al-Obeidy said “they cursed at me, and told me I was a traitor, because I spoke the truth.”..........


No comments: