yo yo yo search it!

Sunday, November 21, 2010

how much more?

i understand wanting to be safe, i do. however, i do NOT want to walk through a machine which takes a naked picture of me that goddess only knows who gets to see. i do NOT want some stranger touching my breasts or my genitalia.

first the breast prosthesis (see my posting from yestreday) and now this. it's UNACCEPTABLE. are they going to drive us all to take the train? 

how many more stories are there like this we don't know about (yet)?

TSA pat-down leaves traveler covered in urine
By Harriet Baskas Travel writer
A retired special education teacher on his way to a wedding in Orlando, Fla., said he was left humiliated, crying and covered with his own urine after an enhanced pat-down by TSA officers recently at Detroit Metropolitan Airport.
“I was absolutely humiliated, I couldn’t even speak,” said Thomas D. “Tom” Sawyer, 61, of Lansing, Mich.
Sawyer is a bladder cancer survivor who now wears a urostomy bag, which collects his urine from a stoma, or opening in his stomach.  “I have to wear special clothes and in order to mount the bag I have to seal a wafer to my stomach and then attach the bag. If the seal is broken, urine can leak all over my body and clothes.”...............

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Terrible! That poor guy.

Julie Grant said...

Trying to repel terrorists, governments turn into terrorists...

stray said...

It probably sucks for the TSA people was well, in a "we have to do what?" kinda way.

Quit flying. It sucks for everyone and the environment.

stray said...

**sorry, that should read "sucks for the TSA people AS well..."

Unknown said...

stray, i'm certain most of the agents are so offput they dream of quitting. i'm also sure there are a FEW of them that make fun of the travelers, that do NOT care about how they are making the travelers feel uncomfortable or violated. i'm sure there are some who are like junior high school grrrls and boys. i don't want my body touched by ANYONE unless it's a good friend, my doctor, my hairdresser or my lover. i'll give the police an 'if it's necessary'.

how are these tsa agents trained? who trains them? can one teach sensitivity (oh i know there are classes in that, but doe it WORK?)

at any rate, like i said, i don't really fly.