yo yo yo search it!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

i loved you in point blank BUT

i loved you even more (well HATED you, because of the character you played) in donnie darko

you did a lot of drek in your days BUT it paid the bills i'm guessing. you were capable of so much more and you DID get the chance now and again to show us.

you sure did show us how kick ass you were working on your last series, the beast

Patrick Swayze And Pangs Of Familiarity
by Linda Holmes

I was sixteen when Dirty Dancing came out. I had just started driving -- to the point where, the first time I went to see it with my friend Erin, we didn't get to see it because I locked my keys in the car at the theater with the car running. I was young; I was the target demographic. Somebody was always trying to put me in a corner. Sixteen feels like that.

So it may be an accident of timing that I was disproportionately attached to Patrick Swayze, whose death, while not at all unexpected, hits surprisingly hard. I could say I admired the way he kept working even after he was diagnosed with cancer, which is true. Or that I admired the fact that unlike a lot of famous actors, he stayed married to the same lady from 1975 until today, which is also true. Or that I admired the sense of humor about himself that he demonstrated in a famous sketch on Saturday Night Live where he and Chris Farley played aspiring Chippendales dancers -- that's true, too.............

'Dirty Dancing,' 'Ghost' Highlighted Film Career
Washington Post Staff Writer
Patrick Swayze, 57, an actor who enjoyed success in Hollywood as the snake-hipped charmer of "Dirty Dancing" and a romantic lead from beyond the grave in "Ghost," died Sept. 14, his publicist reported from Los Angeles. He had pancreatic cancer.

A former ballet and Broadway dancer, Mr. Swayze rarely received more than tepid reviews for his onscreen emotional range. But he found enduring mass approval for a handful of movie roles that took advantage of his muscular build, tousled hair and charismatic swagger.

Rita Kempley, a former Washington Post film critic, once described Mr. Swayze's appeal as "a cross of Brando and Balanchine. From the neck up, he looks like a guy who could fix your carburetor; from the neck down he has the body of an Olympian.".........




and guess what? no one puts baby in the corner!

2 comments:

Malicious Intent said...

I was about 18 when Dirty Dancing came out...same reaction...coming of age type film. He was just so damn cute...hard not to watch the eye candy there. I liked the music, as it was not all of the typical music that was coming out on the soundtracks at the time. Still like it today (yes, throw tomatoes at me now!)

Really knocked the wind out of me when I heard last night. Not that it was a surprise. I knew it was coming when it got so quiet, that is when you know it's coming. But it still is a shock to the system when it becomes reality. Just so sad...he was kind and fun to watch.

Unknown said...

and a professional. he worked on that series going thru chemo AND without pain killers. THAT is what we call a trooper