yo yo yo search it!

Friday, June 19, 2009

when i read this yesterday (in boing boing of course)

i was in the state of shock. i cannot imagine turning over even which social networking sites i belong to much less my passwords. as one of the comments states: ...........


Yowza.

"As providing the requested information would cause me to be in violation of the respective contract or respective contracts that I may have entered into with the particular entities in question, I must decline your request;

Further, I will inform you that as you have solicited me to violate those contracts to which I am a party, I am required by such of those contracts as I may be party to, and which have such terms requiring such reportage, to disclose to the entities in question the fact of your solicitation of violation of those contracts as I may be party to, and the fact that you seem to have a standing process that would seem to solicit others to violate those contracts to which they may be party.

Further, I must inform you that if it is reasonable that this application for employment was approved, denied, or considered based on my response or lack of response to this portion of the application, I reserve all remedies available to me under civil, federal, state, and municipal law, including but not limited to those available under the following statutes: blah blah blah blah blah"

Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, ATINLA. For entertainment purposes only. Party on............

but do read ALL of the comments they're worth it. i'm still shaking my head over this one though. big brother IS real

City in Montana requires job applicants to hand over all social network logins and passwords for background checks
Cliff sez, "Bozeman City, Montana now asks all applicants for jobs to 'Please list any and all, current personal or business websites, web pages or memberships on any Internet-based chat rooms, social clubs or forums, to include, but not limited to: Facebook, Google, Yahoo, YouTube.com, MySpace, etc.,' the City form states. There are then three lines where applicants can list the Web sites, their user names and log-in information and their passwords." The anonymous viewer emailed the news station recently to express concern with a component of the city's background check policy, which states that to be considered for a job applicants must provide log-in information and passwords for social network sites in which they participate. ..............

No comments: