yo yo yo search it!

Friday, February 08, 2008

well what WOULD this REPUBLICAN

lawmaker rather them do? HAVE AN ABORTION, I WONDER?
Legislator: Sorry for calling unmarried teen parents 'sluts'
COLORADO SPRINGS — A state lawmaker who used a derogatory term Wednesday to describe unmarried teen parents as sexually promiscuous today apologized for using the slur.
“The derogatory term I used was offensive and inappropriate and I would like to apologize for using it," Colorado Springs Republican Rep. Larry Liston said in a statement. “Because of my unfortunate choice of language, the message that I was trying to get across about personal responsibility, and parental responsibility, has been overshadowed.
"I certainly regret using the term I did.”
Wednesday, Liston, appearing at a GOP legislative caucus in Denver, said: “In my parents’ day and age, (unmarried teen parents) were sent away, they were shunned, they were called what they are. There was at least a sense of shame.........

2 comments:

Anon-Paranoid said...

rose is a rose...
Maybe he was one of those shunned teenagers children and he just wants to carry on the tradition of his childhood.

God Bless.

Unknown said...

if we spent the TIME AND MONEY on EDUCATION none of this would be an issue (and i don't mean ABSTINANCE ONLY either)