yo yo yo search it!

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

more DEMOCRACY and EQUALITY

from our BESTEST BUDS IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE, the saudis! what do i say? i say FUCK THEM. i also say, let my sisters and i go on over and give them a peek at REAL democracy in action

Saudis Arrest, Strip Search Woman for Having a Business Meeting With a Man
Posted by Lucinda Marshall, Feminist Peace Network

Doesn't it give you a warm fuzzy feeling that these misogynist thugs are our allies?
"A businesswoman was detained and strip-searched by Saudi Arabia's religious police for sitting in a Starbucks coffee shop with an unrelated man, taboo in the country.
The English-language Arab News today quoted a 40-year-old financial consultant, named only as Yara, as saying she was arrested by members of the powerful Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice.
She said she was holding a business meeting with the man in a branch of Starbucks in Riyadh, in a section reserved for families.
Yara said she was taken to a Riyadh prison, strip-searched and forced to sign a confession to having been caught alone with a unrelated man - an illegal act in the kingdom which enforces a strict Islamic moral code.
"I had no other choice" but to sign, said the married mother of three.
"I was scared for my life ... I was afraid that they would abuse me or do something to me."
...........

No comments: