yo yo yo search it!

Monday, May 14, 2007

to cbs

I just read the following on imdb

CBS News veteran Linda Mason, who was appointed to head the news division's "standards and special projects" unit following the "Memogate" scandal two years ago, has attributed the continued decline in the ratings for The CBS Evening News With Katie Couric to the fact that the public "seems to prefer the news from white guys." In an interview with the CBS blog Public Eye, Mason said she has concluded from the downward trend of Couric's ratings and the upward trend of Charles Gibson's that viewers "want the reassurance of a Walter Cronkite." Mason suggested that she was surprised by the failure of the public to latch on to Couric. "I had no idea that a woman delivering the news would be a handicap. And I'm afraid that Katie's paying a price for being the first woman. But I think it's a great trail that she's blazing, and I think if the broadcast continues to be as good as it has been, if we continue to break news, if we continue to tell interesting stories, people will start to watch."

and i sent the following to cbs via their online feedback
If in fact Ms Mason said this (and if she did and if I were in charge of CBS her butt would be OUT OF THE DOOR IMMEDIATELY), let me reassure you, I personally have NO PROBLEM with WOMEN DELIVERING THE NEWS. I DO have a problem with some insipid perky lamebrain with a fake smile pasted on her face, delivering the news. HOW DARE Ms Mason even utter something like "the public prefers to get the news from WHITE GUYS". How racist and misogynistic. Why would she assume it's the fault of the public Ms Couric's ratings stink? It's MS COURIC herself and those that chose her for the position. Please don't ever insult my intelligence, my gender or the entire human race by saying things like Ms Couric is blazing a trail for women. Holy schmagolies. The ONLY thing Ms Coric succeeds in doing is giving me a migraine!

No comments: