yo yo yo search it!

Saturday, December 23, 2006

just how does being sworn in using a quran hurt YOU

mr goode? organized religions, MOST organized religions give me the skeeves. it's their way or hell. it's their god or hell. it's their beliefs or hell. what gives them the right to think THEIR god is THE god? funny, no?

so mr goode, how does mr ellison being sworn in using a quran hurt YOU and hurt the rest of america? i'm not going to convert to islam are you? are any of your constituants or anyone in the rest of the united states going to convert to islam simply based on the ONE act of mr ellison using a quran to be sworn in? are earthquakes going to happen because the quran is being used? is your god going to be pissed at YOU mr goode because mr ellison is using the quran to be sworn in? is modern civilazation going to collapse immediately when mr ellison puts his hand on that quran?

you are full of hate and fear and your heart is pumping bile.

oh and mr goode, the bible was written BY man FOR man. just like the quran, it was NOT written by ANY god

Lawmaker stands firm on Quran criticism


By SUE LINDSEY, Associated Press Writer Fri Dec 22, 9:38 AM ET
A congressman said Thursday that he will not retract a letter warning that unless immigration is tightened, "many more Muslims will be elected" and use the Quran to take the oath of office.
Republican Rep. Virgil Goode (news, bio, voting record) triggered angry responses from a civil rights group and some colleagues with a letter this month to constituents concerned about a decision by Rep.-elect Keith Ellison of Minnesota, the first Muslim elected to Congress, to use the Quran when he is sworn in.
"I will not be putting my hand on the Quran," Goode said at a news conference Thursday at the Franklin County Courthouse.
Goode, who represents Virginia's 5th Congressional District, said he is receiving more positive comments from constituents than negative.
"One lady told me she thinks I'm doing the right thing on this," he told Fox News. "I wish more people would take a stand and stand up for the principles on which this country was founded."
Goode also told Fox News he wants to limit legal immigration and do away with "diversity visas," which he said let in people "not from European countries" and "some terrorist states."
In his letter, Goode wrote that strict immigration polices are necessary "to preserve the values and beliefs traditional to the United States of America."
"The Muslim representative from Minnesota was elected by the voters of that district and if American citizens don't wake up and adopt the Virgil Goode position on immigration there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office and demanding the use of the Koran," he wrote........


and i found this in the smirking chimp

WONDERFUL just WONDERFUL, from cenk uygur

Virgil Goode is Directly Attacking Me and I'm Pissed

The more I think about it, the angrier I get. Virgil Goode thinks he can challenge how American I am. Here's an American response - screw you!
Does this barbarian really think we are not equal citizens because of our heritage or our beliefs? Does he really believe people like me need to be kept out of the country?
Look at what he says. He
literally says less people like me need to come to America:
[I]f American citizens don't wake up and adopt the Virgil Goode position on immigration there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office and demanding the use of the Koran ... I fear that in the next century we will have many more Muslims in the United States if we do not adopt the strict immigration policies that I believe are necessary to preserve the values and beliefs traditional to the United States of America and to prevent our resources from being swamped. [emphasis added]
My family is Muslim and we immigrated to this country when I was eight years old. We made an active choice to seek this nation out because we believed in its principles and we believed that it was the land of opportunity. America became my home, not just in where I lived, but in my heart. So, I became a citizen sixteen years ago.
I chose America because I love America. It's one thing to be born in Nebraska and call yourself an American. But it's another to move to a country where you weren't born, go through the long legal process, profess your allegiance to that country and adopt it as your own because you believe in it. That's not an accident of birth, it's an act of faith.
I chose to be an American because America is a light unto the world. America is the greatest country on earth because we do not discriminate, we are not a religious state and we do not exclude people based on their race, color or creed. We are an open society that believes in liberty and human dignity..............


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No representative puts his or her hand on any holy book for the swearing in. No religious texts are used.

Later, in private photo ops, they put their hands on bibles, qurans, or whatever, and get pictures taken for the hometown newspapers. No swearing in photo op by a congressman will be more carried by news services than Ellisons.

But, I just don't care. He can put his hand on his own pecker and have the photo taken with a gaggle of naked miss USA contestents and I wouldn't care.

It's my district and I don't care.

thanks for reading my temper tantrum.

back to regular scheduled blogging.

Unknown said...

i DID just read about the swearing in myself rick. i hadn't known that before.

i know ellison is your rep and i know you'd not that fond of him. i also know you're not not fond of him because of what book he will have his photo taken with.

i ONLY care about this because this is AMERICA. it's just as much ellison's country as it is goode's. goode has my blood boiling.

who next is he going to try to boot out? the italians?

Anonymous said...

I'd be curious as to how long Goode's family traces their roots in this country.

Ellison has records of his family back to 1742.

Maybe the Italians, but more likely, he'd be looking to get rid of all of us liberal Norwegians up North here - - - you betcha.

Anonymous said...

What a great country,huh!

I received this email from Dieter Mueller. He used to blog at Orangeblog but got a little burnt out on it all. (Beautiful site while it lasted) he sent me this link. It explains a lot.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5524186889927580412

In the mean time Rose, thanks for stopping by Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

rick, i can trace my roots back a bit as well. however,not in america. they came over on boats in the 1900s (granted some EARLY in the 1900s)

from piacenza, florence and gdansk

and a special shout out to my noni. who saw three centuries and lived 102 years on this earth.

i started out as a roman catholic rick. then a buddhist and now of course i'm pagan. (pagan is the term i use although it really doesn't define me). while my noni was catholic as well she was also stregha. she knew i was as well. as a child she instilled in me all that that entails (such as what the earth can do for us with it's herbs and plants and mushrooms. how it can help heal us....)

i miss her

rich, i'll have to watch that video at work. i have dial-up at home and it just wasn't working when i tried here. it would play for a second or two and stop. then start and stop. you get the picture

be safe be well and dream in colors