yo yo yo search it!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

i'm not a fan of most country music


except of course willie, patsy, dwight, johnny, dolly (yes, i DO like dolly) and a song or two here and there by a few others BUT..........

the
dixie chicks were on letterman last night and the song they sang gave me the chills. it was called 'not ready to make nice'.

"Not Ready to Make Nice"
Click here to listen to the song!
Forgive, sounds good Forget, I’m not sure I could They say time heals everything But I’m still waiting
I’m through with doubt There’s nothing left for me to figure out I’ve paid a price And I’ll keep paying
I’m not ready to make nice I’m not ready to back down I’m still mad as hell and I don’t have time to go round and round and round It’s too late to make it right I probably wouldn’t if I could ‘Cause I’m mad as hell Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should
I know you said Can’t you just get over it It turned my whole world around And I kind of like it
I made my bed and I sleep like a baby With no regrets and I don’t mind sayin’ It’s a sad sad story when a mother will teach her Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger And how in the world can the words that I said Send somebody so over the edge That they’d write me a letter Sayin’ that I better shut up and sing Or my life will be over
I’m not ready to make nice I’m not ready to back down I’m still mad as hell and I don’t have time to go round and round and round It’s too late to make it right I probably wouldn’t if I could ‘Cause I’m mad as hell Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should
I’m not ready to make nice I’m not ready to back down I’m still mad as hell and I don’t have time to go round and round and round It’s too late to make it right I probably wouldn’t if I could ‘Cause I’m mad as hell Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should
Forgive, sounds good Forget, I’m not sure I could They say time heals everything But I’m still waiting

YOU GO GRRRLS!!!

amendment to original posting: i just found this totally opposite view of mine and i wanted to post IT for all to see. of course he's WRONG

6 comments:

pissed off patricia said...

Wait till you hear the song called "I Hope". It's beautiful.

Unknown said...

i was unable to stop and get it yesterday, way too much going on for me

i'll try today! and i can't wait

vanx said...

I was afraid they'd have to learn how to play jazz after being boycotted by the phony country music stations. My one political act this month may be actuall purchasing DC CD and not running it over with my combine.

Unknown said...

come on you really DON'T have a combine do you?

Anonymous said...

I haven't purchased a CD in 2 years.

until today.

I might not listen to it much, but it's money well-spent.

Unknown said...

i don't buy many cds either. i just don't like what's out there (as a rule). i DID buy the les paul compilation cd (all sorts of cool artists playing and singing with him) though.

IF you write to me off line (ravenflame3@aol.com) santa may burn you a copy should you so wish