yo yo yo search it!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

i think of 'i shall be released' by dylan


and i want to make them ALL pay for treating women (and GRRRLS this GRRRL IS FOURTEEN EFFING YEARS OLD) like this

a cousin of noor jehan (aged fourteen) asked for her hand in marriage. her father refused, then the cousin accused noor (aged fourteen) of having 'illicit relations' with someone else. the FOURTEEN year old grrrl was SHOT FIVE TIMES and left for dead. no family member has come to visit her. i want to go to her bedside and hold her and sing to her and read to her and tell her it will be all right (when in fact, it most likely will NOT be all right for HER). damn damn damn


'Honour motive' probe over attack

By Aamer Ahmed Khan BBC News, Karachi, Pakistan
Police in Karachi say a 14-year-old girl who survived being shot five times may have been the victim of an attempted "honour killing".
Noor Jehan was allegedly shot by relatives after being declared guilty of adultery under an ancient tribal tradition in southern Pakistan.
She was left in a roadside ditch but she managed to crawl her way to help.
Hundreds of women are killed every year in Pakistan in the name of "honour", usually related to marriages.
In recent years Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf has defended his government's record on violence against women and says he has done more for women's empowerment than any previous administration.
But human rights groups in Pakistan say the president's claims are not backed by adequate legislation.
Police say they are anxious to speak to Noor's parents who have not appeared at her bedside or inquired about their missing daughter.
No sign of parents
An officer investigating the case told the BBC News website: "My experience tells me that they were aware of what was going on."
Noor was shot in both legs, the left arm and the stomach.
Doctors treating her at the Jinnah hospital in Karachi say her condition is stable.
They threw me into a ditch and left thinking I was dead Noor Jehan
The attack happened nearly three weeks ago but Noor, whose life was in the balance for two weeks, has only recently been able to talk to police about the incident.
She has not been visited by any members of her family.
Noor Jehan told the BBC News website her cousins had tried to kill her after her father had refused to let her be married to one of them.
Looking terrified despite the three armed guards posted outside her hospital room, Noor said her family used to work for a landowner in her native village of Rato Dero in upper Sindh, 300km (187 miles) from Karachi.
She said one of her cousins had asked for her hand in marriage. On being refused, he claimed she had illicit relations with the landowner's son. .........



I Shall Be Released
Bob Dylan
They say everything can be replaced They say every distance is not near So I
remember every face Of every man who put me here.
I see my light come
shining From the west unto the east Any day now, any day now, I shall be released.
They say every man needs protection They say every man must fall So I swear I
see my reflection Someplace so high above this wall.
I see my light come
shining from the west unto the east Any day now, any day now ,I shall be released.
Standing next to me in this lonely crowd Is a man who swears he's not to
blame All day long I hear him shout so loud Crying out that he was framed.
I
see my light come shining from the west unto the east Any day now, any day now, I
shall be released.

10 comments:

rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

we are a long long long way from release.and we are the top of the evolutionary chain?

pissed off patricia said...

God, what an awful story. She's just a little girl.

Considering what they did to her, I don't think I would want her family anywhere near her.

vanx said...

There are no words.

(On the other hand, reading the Dylan lyrics, I hear Richard Manuel singing them. So I guess there are words, and, you're right, they're those words)

Unknown said...

rev, the family of noor is NOT at the top of the chain or even near that chain. i didn't post this, but after i posted this today, i read ANOTHER story (took place in the same country) where a father slit the throats of this daughter (either 2 or 3 or 4 but it doesn't matter does it?) AND his stepdaughter. why? because his stepdaughter (allegedly) was wanton and he would rather KILL HIS OWN GRRRLS THAN HAVE THEM EFFECTED BY THE WANTON ONE. how effed up is THAT? words cannot even describe i know i know i know

p o p, yes it's horrid but it would still be horrid if she were an adult. of course a child IS in need of more protection, noor's story is especially distasteful BUT........

vanx, ah yes richard. i do so miss him. a loss there too

pissed off patricia said...

It would be horrid no matter who it happened to, but a child is in my eyes, so small and innocent in the world.
I can't deal with anyone who would harm an animal, a child or an elderly person. No one should ever be harmed but these are all helpless.

Rory Shock said...

this is sickening rose ... this brutality makes no sense to me ... it is complete insanity ... who can be so cruel to a child ... I wish your spirit could reach this child and help her ...

Unknown said...

p o p i absolutely agree. the three groups i would MOST staunchly defend

rory there is NO explanation for beliefs of this sort. none. i don't buy any

HONOR?

Anonymous said...

These things happen in the countries of the Bush Administration's staunchest allies. These are the people Bush wants to emulate.

I'll repeat this here, but I've said it elsewhere.

If we really were to fight a war on terror, wouldn't it be a Civil War?

(that goes for all our allies in the GWOT)

Roxy said...

:-(

Unknown said...

rick and roxy oh damn

damn damn damn

i will NOT be politically correct on this. ANYONE who can do this to a child, well their god DOES NOT EXIST