yo yo yo search it!

Saturday, February 25, 2006

why do colleges and universities continue to have ann coulter speak?

she's not entertaining, she's NOT conservative (she is more a fascist if you ask me) she's NOT anywhere near sane.......... she just isn't a good example of anything left or right. she's pitiful and sad and her views are ugly and dangerous. she inspires hate and injustice and lack of compassion. Ann Coulter splits IU's crowd'Ms. Right' draws supporters, protesters by Adam Aasen I ndiana Daily Student Published Friday, February 24, 2006
Conservative author Ann Coulter drew a large crowd to the IU Auditorium Thursday night. More than 2,500 of the auditorium's 3,200 seats were full, but that number dwindled throughout her speech as many students were ejected for disruptions and others simply walked out after certain comments.Coulter, author of such books as "How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must)" and "Slander: Liberal Lies About the American Right," gave a speech titled "Liberals Are Wrong About Everything."The speech drew many dissenters and it didn't take long for public outbursts to occur. Within the first two minutes of her speech, one student yelled out to Coulter, "Go back to Germany," to which another student responded with obscenities. The two got involved in a heated altercation and four officers had to remove the students from the event.But the police response to this initial incident didn't mean the rest of the speech would go uninterrupted. More than 10 times, Coulter stopped speaking -- sometimes for more than a few minutes -- to wait for protesters to be removed. She often commented that the ushers weren't doing their jobs properly and that the event was poorly organized."You are paying me to give a speech," she said. "I mean, if you don't want me to keep talking, that's fine, but I think I'll just do the speech. Hopefully, the idiot liberals will be out of here by the second half of the speech."You guys are doing a great job." she said sarcastically later to auditorium ushers. "I guess they did hire Democrats as ushers."............. ...............During her question-and-answer session, Coulter responded to both fans and protesters. One comment that drew strong audience reactions came from a young man who asked her if she didn't like Democrats, wouldn't it just be better to have a dictatorship? Coulter responded with a jab at the way the student talked."You don't want the Republicans in power, does that mean you want a dictatorship, gay boy?" she said....................

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so disgusting, I don't know why they have her. Now if she was a comedian... but to act like she is a serious speaker? Come on.

Unknown said...

sometimes i think to myself people like her and the o'reillys and the rushs of the world ARE only kidding. doing this for publicity. they really cannot believe all of the tripe coming out of their mouths..................

then i wake up

Neil Shakespeare said...

I'd love to go to one of her speeches just for the laughs. I'm sure I'd never make it all the way through, but I could stay for a couple of disruptions!

Unknown said...

i wouldn't make it ten seconds so in this case, i'd listen to my mind and NOT go

Rory Shock said...

you're not gonna believe this, but I don't think I've ever heard a word from her (I don't have TV ...) I feel like your coverage of her is as much exposure as I need right now ... thanks ...

Unknown said...

NO TV???????? wha???????????

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

she DOES have a blog rory but i would advise you NOT to read it. i say that as a friend. i no longer go there myself. i used to just to hear the drip of evil and keep myself grounded but too much is too much