yo yo yo search it!

Saturday, October 08, 2005

john martyn - muscian of the day


you know when i was looking for the lyrics to my favorite john martyn song, all i could find was 'may you never' BY ERIC CLAPTON. that azz wipe DID NOT write the song. it is NOT BY eric clapton. he recorded it yes, but did NOT write it. (see my paul zunno posting where i say i CANNOT understand why clapton has fame and zunno does not. i'll NEVER understand that). john martyn anyway, here is......................
May You Never
by John Martyn
May you never lay your head down without a
hand to hold. May you never make your bed out in the cold. May you never lose your
temper if you get hit in a barroom fight. May you never lose your woman
overnight.
Well, you're just like a great, strong sister to me, And I know
that your love is true, and you hold no blade for to stab me in my back; I know
that there's some that do.
So please, won't you please, won't you bear it in
mind: Love is a lesson to learn in our time. Please, won't you please, bear it in
mind for me.
Chorus
Well, you're just like a great, strong brother to
me, And I know that your love is true, And you never talk dirty behind my back; I
know that there's some that do.
Bridge
Chorus
May you never lose your
woman overnight. May you never lose your woman overnight.

No comments: