yo yo yo search it!

Thursday, September 01, 2005

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


i am going to try to get right to the point here. i have been SICK all day. i went to the atm machine this morning at about 11:30. the machine ate my card BUT spit out a note about my card being reported as lost. of course it wasn't LOST, it WAS in my hand just prior to being swallowed. i went in the bank and patiently waited in line. when i got to the teller (who just HAPPENED to be a manager) i told her my story. she got on the phone and started writing all sorts of things down. 1,400.00 to something or other. 700.00 to another something. 300.00 to another place. a few WERE mine (netflix, etc) but when she got to the charge at THE TALBOTS i KNEW I DIDN'T do it (hell, i'm not even ALLOWED in the same town where there IS a talbots). someone stole my card number. we went to her desk and she got me a printout of some of my charges and my checks (it was a debit card). we went over the outstanding ones and they were marked as to be HONORED and NO fees applied should they bounce. some of the charges were stopped by the vendors (THANKS!) and some were stopped by the bank. however, the ones that were NOT stopped, i have to allow to go through. i then have to go BACK to the bank and fill out some paperwork. i would like to thank muriel from the domain name company who recognized the scam (she called my bank). i guess someone was trying to open up some domains in viet nam. i also had some charges from the uk. so PLEASE all BE CAREFUL. i did hear a rumor (i have a DAMN good network of friends) of where the theft could have occurred. i do NOT wish to name that place yet because if it is TRUE, it is a SERIOUS BREACH (and they NEVER contacted me........) anyway, i am calmed down just a bit. i'm still shaky but the bank (thanks pat!) was great and again, MURIEL was great! oh and i tried to charge a donation to the american red cross this morning (before i found out about my card) and it didn't go through (so i'll have to write them a HARD COPY CHECK). sorry for the rambling

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's horrible news, i'm so sorry! what an invasion!