yo yo yo search it!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

this is a pretty damn good article on SUBMISSIVE (not quite telling the truth about it)

shelly bachmann
i dislike her SO much for SO many reasons. this is ONLY one of them. please note, it's NOT so much the submissiveness, it's the religious association with it AND the not telling the truth about it



Are Michele Bachmann's Views About 'Christian Submission' Even More Extreme Than She's Letting On?

By Frank Schaeffer

The people, churches and groups that shaped Bachmann's thinking are far more anti-woman than most Americans fully comprehend.

Michele Bachmann told a barefaced lie the other day. She was asked in the Republican candidates' debate with the other Republican contenders, “As president, would you be submissive to your husband?" 
10th. I’m in love with him. I’m so proud of him. And both he and I — what submission means to us, if that’s what your question is, it means respect. I respect my husband. He’s a wonderful, godly man, and a great father. And he respects me as his wife.”
Bachmann answered: “Marcus and I will be married for 33 years this September 
She either lied, has changed her mind, or she says one thing to a national audiance and another to her hard-right evangelical followers.
Here's what she said in answer to the same question in 2006: “The Lord says be submissive. Wives, you are to be submissive to your husbands.”  
hy should I go and do something like that?” she told the audience. “But the Lord says be submissive. Wives, you are to be submissive to your husbands.” Bachmann said she never had taken a tax course, “never had a desire for it,” but “I was going to be faithful to what I felt God was calling me to do through my husband.” Later, when the opportunity to run for Congress arose, “my husband said, ‘You need to do this,’ and I wasn’t so sure.” She became sure two days later, after praying and fasting with her husband............................


Photo Credit: Agence-France Presse {AFP]
Back in October 2006, recounting her life journey to an audience at the Living Word Christian Center, Bachmann talked about “receiving Jesus” at 16, studying hard, meeting her future husband at college, and earning a law degree. “My husband said ‘Now you need to go and get a post-doctorate degree in tax law.’ Tax law! I hate taxes—w

No comments: