yo yo yo search it!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

read this story by

by justin griffith. it's pretty short and sweet. i especially like the part about his drill sergeant. i especially didn't like the part about a religious recruiter changing griffith's 'religion'.


My ‘Atheist / Flying Spaghetti Monster’ military dog tags


.............A little while ago, news broke about a Pastafarian winning the right to wearing a pasta strainer on his head for his official driver’s license photograph *edit: it seems that there was no legal battle*. Coincidentally, around the same time, I got a few emails from the contributors to a Wikipedia article on Religious Symbols in the US Military asking if I would contribute a photograph of my Atheist dog tags.


Shortly after I donated the photograph to Wikipedia, the photo was added to the Flying Spaghetti Monster entry as well. Awesome.


I actually have a few funny stories about FSM and the Army. *warning: quoting a Drill Sergeant is NSFW*................

No comments: