yo yo yo search it!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

i WAS a member of PETA years and years and years ago


i gave up my membership because they started pissing me off more and more. i didn't like their tactics and i didn't like some of their ummmmmmmmmmm shall we say 'untruths' or not sharing of the WHOLE truth.

of late they have been objectifying women (just one of MANY violations in my opinion). it's ugly.

this latest ad IS VERY ugly AND it's VERY unforgivable:

PETA's New "Save The Whales" Billboard Takes Aim At Fat Women

Huffington Post | Katherine Goldstein

PETA's new billboard campaign in Florida is raising eyebrows and ire among women and health groups. A drawing on billboards in Jacksonville depicts an obese woman with the phrase, "Save The Whales, Lose The Blubber: Go Vegetarian."

In a press release, PETA stated:

A new PETA billboard campaign that was just launched in Jacksonville reminds people who are struggling to lose weight -- and who want to have enough energy to chase a beach ball -- that going vegetarian can be an effective way to shed those extra pounds that keep them from looking good in a bikini. [....] ..........

oh and p.s. i'm a vegan and i'm NOT skinny

4 comments:

Malicious Intent said...

Being a vegetarian does not guarantee weight loss, especially if one deep fries all their veggies. It is not so much what you eat as it is how it is prepared, portion sizes and ones general health and metabolism.

What about vegan guys who are over weight? Are they asserting that they do not exist?

I get so angry when folks are judged on their weight. I go from a 4 to a 20, because of my health and it's no fun. I am either "Looking great" when I am starving to death, or to skinny and accused of being anxorexic, or maybe I need to loose some weight. How about just worrying about who I am as a person and my job performance and f off on my health as it is my business.

Sorry, small rant...I can see why you left. They use to be honorable and I agree, I don't like the things they do anymore either. They have become no better than the folks they are trying to fight against.

Unknown said...

it's offensive in ALL ways. they're idiots

stray said...

Yeah, can't say that's one likely to win anybody to the cause...

Unknown said...

assholes. really. each ad is WORSE than the one before.