yo yo yo search it!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

the answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind, the answer

is blowin' in the wind (OR on the tour bus as it happens)

an odd but interesting story

New Jersey Homeowner Calls Cops on Bob Dylan

Forty Years After Woodstock, Bob Dylan Is Mistaken for a Homeless Man


By CHRIS FRANCESCANI

Bob Dylan was detained by police in Long Branch, N.J. last month, when a young officer failed to recognize him, police said. The officer proceeded to go to earnest lengths to ensure the hooded, disheveled, rain-soaked music legend was, in fact, who he said he was.

Dylan, 68, one of the most celebrated, eccentric artists in American history, was in the area on July 23 as part of a national concert tour -- a fact lost on 24-year-old Long Branch police officer Kristie Buble.

To hear the young New Jersey police officer describe it, the scene was like something out of one of Dylan's epic song-poems: It was pouring rain, Dylan was soaked and wandering alone, far from the traveling home of his entourage of tour buses.

When Dylan wandered into the yard of a home that had a "For Sale" sign on it, the home's occupants became spooked by his appearance and called police with a report of an "eccentric-looking old man" in their yard, Long Branch Police said. One of the occupants even went so far as to follow Dylan as he continued on down the street........



6 comments:

Malicious Intent said...

Poor Bob Dylan. I heard this story a few days ago...as we don't have our own news (or at least Philly and Jersey seems to think we don't so we get all mushed into theirs.)

All I can say is...it is New Jersey.
And I can relate to Dylan, sorta...
We have the last name of a famous guitarist...might now him...his first name is Peter. :)

But, when I give my name and they say, how do you spell that? And I say, you know, like Peter..the kids (20-30 year old range)have no idea who I am talking about...and then I go cry in a corner, rocking.

Malicious Intent said...

Wait, the rocking is NORMAL.

Unknown said...

i'm older than you. i revel in my age (but not the part where my bones creak and pop). i am just (literally) getting better.

i can't tell you how many references i make where the young 'uns will say 'WHO'??????

Malicious Intent said...

The WHO are a BAND you young dimwits! It's not a question!

I need to go dig up so good music now.

I am glad you are getting better... I seem to have slept through that class, repeatedly.

stray said...

That's okay, I say "Yeah, Dylan, he swiped that song from Nic Jones and didn't attribute it", and then I get the "Who???" from most everybody.

In other news, perhaps it should here be noted that Jersey cops managed to avoid tasering him...Yay!

Unknown said...

well everyone stole from everyone else (they still do. musicians, comedians, writers). not saying it's right. IT'S NOT unless shout outs are given.

and yes, it was quite the wonder dylan didn't get tased bro!