yo yo yo search it!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

i've not seen the video

nor will i. i will take the word of the written account. i wonder why the mothers and fathers and families and friends of our heroes cannot know the truth. if i was president i would NEVER STAND for that kind of treatment (then again, if i was president we would never be in iraq)

not much more to say other than to the friends and families of pfc suarez-gonzalez and pfc nelson, i am so very sorry for your loss

(as i am with EVERYONE's losses)

Friendly fire in Iraq -- and a coverup


The Army says no, but a graphic video and eyewitness testimony indicate that a U.S. tank killed two American soldiers. The mother of one soldier demands answers.

Editor's note: Mark Benjamin's friendly fire investigation contains 1) the main article, 2) video documentation and 3) the Army's own report on the killing of Nelson and Suarez.

By Mark Benjamin

Oct. 14, 2008 | PHILADELPHIA -- Once a cop, always a cop. Asked if she wanted to see a graphic battle video showing her son Albert bleeding to death, Jean Feggins, retired from the Philadelphia Police Department, said yes.

"Listen, I've moved dead bodies of people I don't even know," she told me, as she sat on a brown couch in the den of her West Philadelphia row house. "I need to know everything. Because he is not a stranger. That's my baby. That's my child."

When Pfc. Albert Nelson died in Iraq in 2006, the Army first told Feggins that he might have been killed by friendly fire, and then that it was enemy mortars. She says she never believed the Army's explanation. "I always felt like they were lying to me," she said. "I could never prove it."

"I would ask the casualty officer what was going on. I'd be told they are still working on the report," she said. "They were still doing their investigation. What could I do? It's the U.S. military. I had no control."............

No comments: