yo yo yo search it!

Monday, July 07, 2008

one of THE funniest men alive


and his sister ain't bad either

The MoJo Interview: David Sedaris
Interview by Tony DuShane
...............

Mother Jones: So, do you exaggerate?

David Sedaris: Boy, do I. And if it weren't for The New Yorker fact-checkers, I'd do it more. I've always been up front about that. I think that was what was weird to me about it, was this idea that I had somehow been caught. I had written [in The New Yorker] that my spiders got so obese that their legs started chafing. I talked to the spider expert at the natural history museum, and he said that spiders' legs never rub together. I said, "No, I know they wouldn't. I'm just saying it as a joke." I don't know how easy [The New Republic] thinks it is to make shit up. To say that a humorist exaggerates to get big laughs, I don't see how that's big news................




Photo: Robert Banks

No comments: