yo yo yo search it!

Thursday, May 01, 2008

i love when the media

(granted it isn't msm) makes 'em sweat, demands accountability AND honesty (well i can dream can't i????????)
White House Blacklist Breakthrough: Online media team up for free press victory
Eric Brewer
I thought it was shameful that 10 days after David Barstow's NY Times article about how the establishment media colluded with the Pentagon to sell the war in Iraq and the "war on terror" to the American people by hiring the Pentagon's "message force multipliers" as military analysts, no one had asked the White House about it.
I'd been
trying, but I'd been on Dana Perino's 'blacklist' during my last six visits to the briefing room.
Today she again ignored me (I was sitting in the front row) until the very end of the briefing, when she was forced to call on me thanks to the intervention of
Les Kinsolving of WorldNetDaily. Les had noticed at previous briefings that I was being singled out, and he thought it wasn't fair. Today he put Dana on the spot.
A video of this exchange is now available here.
Les Kinsolving: How about this gentleman's question? He's had his hand up all this time.Ms. Perino: Yes. I'm well aware. I'm sure it will be a great question. Go ahead.Me: The NY Times has reported that over the last...Ms. Perino: It's definitely going to be a good question.Me: ...over the last 6 years, the Pentagon conducted a secret operation designed to sell the war in Iraq and the 'war on terror' to the American people. It recruited more than 75 ex-military officers, many with financial ties to the defense industry, provided them with talking points and an extraordinary degree of access not available to ordinary members of the press, including meetings with the Secretary of Defense, and got them hired as supposedly independent military analysts by every U.S. television network. One of its participants described the program...Ms. Perino: Do you have a question?Me: One of its participants described the program as "Psyops on Steroids," and others said...Ms. Perino: Is this your opinion?Me: I'm describing the program.Ms. Perino: What's your question?Me: Others said that if they departed from the Pentagon's talking points, their access was cut off, and my question is: Did the White House know about and approve of this operation?..................

No comments: