yo yo yo search it!

Monday, March 31, 2008

our king, the jokester

what a sense o' humor!
Bush Gives Out Wrong Number for Home Owner Help Hotline
Posted by Amanda Terkel, Think Progress
Yesterday, President Bush visited Novadebt, a credit counseling service in New Jersey, to promote his Hope Now Alliance, which is intended to help homeowners facing foreclosure. But while there, Bush gave out the wrong toll-free number (despite a large sign with the correct number hanging behind him).
Danny Cerchiaro, a homeowner attending Bush’s speech,
“whispered” the correct number “in Bush’s ear” after the speech. Bush then quickly returned to the lectern and recited the correct number:
There are hundreds of thousands of homeowners like Theresa and Danny who can benefit from calling HOPE NOW. And so one of my purposes is to make it clear there is a place where you can get counseling. And I want my fellow citizens, if you’re worried about your home, to call this number: 188-995-HOPE [sic]. Let me repeat that again: 188-995-HOPE. […]
Thank you all very much.
Danny just told me I’ve got to get the number right — 1-888-995-HOPE.........

No comments: