yo yo yo search it!

Thursday, October 04, 2007

a terrorist attack in london?

well nooooooooooooo, not quite
c'mon peeps, let's use our heads here
Thai chilli triggers chemical alert in London
A Thai chef cooked up fears of a chemical attack in London when fumes from his eye-wateringly hot chilli sauce led to the emergency services being called out, the Times reported Wednesday.
Chalemchai Tangjariyapoon, who works at the Thai Cottage restaurant in the Soho entertainment district, was dry-frying bird's eye chillies as he prepared a huge batch of nam prik pao, an extra-hot dip served with prawn crackers.
The smoke from the kitchen drifted out in the street, creating an acrid cloud which sent shoppers spluttering for cover and prompted police to seal off several streets and evacuate homes and businesses...........

1 comment:

Commander Zaius said...

I know this is not very closely related to the story at hand. But my family and I frequent a local Thai restaurant in town and while we are never run out of the place from the acrid cloud I have some idea of the smell. Personally I'm not happy if my eyes are not watering after I leave the place. I love Thai food, the spicier it is the better.