yo yo yo search it!

Thursday, January 18, 2007

hmmmmmmmm i guess this is for real

(but one can NEVER be sure with the onion)

Area Readers Get the Joke

By Frank Ahrens Washington Post Staff Writer Thursday, January 18, 2007; D07
The Onion, the Gen-X satiric newspaper, is coming to Washington and will partner with The Washington Post, which will print the paper and sell local ads.
The Onion, which also maintains a Web site, will be distributed free in news boxes and by hawkers in Washington beginning the first week in April. The Post will be paid for its business services.
Founded by University of Wisconsin students in 1988, The Onion was launched in Madison and expanded online, gaining a following for its edgy parodies of the news.
For example, The Onion's home page ( http://www.theonion.com) yesterday displayed the following headline and story: "Area Family's Trip to New Hampshire Sparks Rumors of Presidential Bid.".........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Onion. I read it every Sunday Morning at our Coop Restaurant while I'm eating yummy organic Huevos Rancheros.

Unknown said...

mmmmmmmmm i go to brunch most sundays too. no organics but i do get some kick-ass bloodys (i have just come to love them. never did like tomato juice but i do now). i get home fries mixed with peppers, onions and mushrooms and two slices of rye toast. then mix horseradish with ketchup and go to town.

can't wait till sunday!

oh and i bring my knitting with me and sit in "my chair" (my friend owns the pub and for christmas in 2005, i got my own chair)