yo yo yo search it!

Sunday, September 10, 2006

scary people

what sorts of people are mercenaries? what is their make-up? why would anyone want to fight in a strange country for values NOT their own? i never understood nor will i ever understand. this michele memo writing executive for select armor babe is JUST as scary. i don't know how these cold blooded soul-less ghouls sleep at night, but i am guessing they have NO trouble at all

US accused of covert operations in Somalia

Emails suggest that the CIA knew of plans by private military companies to breach UN rules Antony Barnett and Patrick Smith Sunday September 10, 2006 The Observer
Dramatic evidence that America is involved in illegal mercenary operations in east Africa has emerged in a string of confidential emails seen by The Observer. The leaked communications between US private military companies suggest the CIA had knowledge of the plans to run covert military operations inside Somalia - against UN rulings - and they hint at involvement of British security firms.
The emails, dated June this year, reveal how US firms have been planning undercover missions in support of President Abdullahi Yusuf's transitional federal government - founded with UN backing in 2004 - against the Supreme Islamic Courts Council - a radical Muslim militia which took control of Mogadishu, the country's capital, also in June promising national unity under Sharia law.
Evidence of foreign involvement in the conflict would not only breach the UN arms embargo but could destabilise the entire region.
One email dated Friday, 16 June, is from Michele Ballarin, chief executive of Select Armor - a US military firm based in Virginia. Ballarin's email was sent to a number of individuals including Chris Farina of the Florida-based military company ATS Worldwide.
Ballarin said: 'Boys: Successful meeting with President Abdullay Yussef [sic] and his chief staff personnel in Nairobi, Kenya on Tuesday ... where he invited us to his private hotel suite flacked by security detail ... He has appointed is chief of presidential protocol as our go to during this phase.'.................

6 comments:

Beach Bum said...

Digging even more back into my military past I have meet a few people who had an interest in becoming mercenaries. And ghouls is an acturate way to describe them. One was in my platoon and his love of the military lifestyle went beyond just being a dedicated soldier to almost a comical zealot. One of his favorite pastimes was reading army field manuals which most will pick up only when the absolutely have to. But other things moved him into the ghoulish area when as a platoon one day he talked about the "power" of weapons and how it made him feel and expressed and interest in becoming a mercenary to get some combat experience. This was before Saddam had even invaded Kuwait. My enlistment in the active army was up several months later and I left to attend college and through other members of my platoon that I kept in contact with I learned that he went Ranger school. He may well be over in Somalia right now.

Unknown said...

b b, i even understand enlisting (sort of). what you describe i do NOT get. how a weapon can make someone feel powerful is beyond me. it's ALL in the mind. you either have it or you don't and neither a giant gun or a giant car (or penis) will NOT give it to you (women go though this too in this instance it happened to be a man)

Vigilante said...

I assure you, packing a gun makes you feel powerful. I experienced that feeling on a few occasions of short duration; but long enough to realize that I have the exact opposite temperament or personality for that kind of behavior to be safe for myself or others.

But I admire women who own guns and know how to use them.

(I don't understand this about myself.)

Unknown said...

vigilante i assure YOU packing a gun would not make ME feel powerful. i know myself and i know that about myself. i don't want to be around them nor do i want them around me.

i'm sorry you need a woman who packs to turn you on

Vigilante said...

Where did I say I needed a pistol-packing pretty to turn me on. I just admire women who do. Platonically!

Unknown said...

well you didn't say it aloud, i took it for granted. and i cannot admire anyone who carries a gun or uses a gun (unless they are in the military or a law enforcement officer)